From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] night sweats - diabetes related?
To: email @ redacted
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 10:58 AM

during the night I can awaken with drenching sweats. NEVER experienced
"hot flashes" when i went through menopause ages ago. I know, a sudden drop
b/g can trigger it, and lead to a complete failure of electrolytes. Also,
with high b/gs can happen. I get up and test and they are within normal
ranges,( unless my bg has dropped precipitously, and then i'll treat it.)
to an endo friend and he shrugged his shoulders. Spoke to a CDE and she
did the same. Lab bloodwork shows no abnormalities relating to this. A bit
late in my life for hormonal happenings, no? When they occur, i have some
water, change my gown and go back to sleep with this huge question mark (?)
over my head. Anyone have these with no hormonal changes as a reason?
Diabetes related? Do men get them, too? Thanks,
email @ redacted (mailto:email @ redacted)

 Do you by chance have a Joslin Endo? My endo is affiliated with Joslin and he
said the exact same thing and put me on Lipitor and 81mg aspirin a day even
though my lab levels are within the acceptable range for a non-diabetic.