[IP] Re: Meters for dialysis patients

I previously wrote:
>I understand that because of the dialysate, not all meters are
>with blood drawn from a patient's lines during treatment.
> I called One Touch and they said their meters are not compatible. My
> d.clinic has a Precision Xtra. I called their 800 # to see if theirs is
> and the technician I talked to said he could not say,

I called Bayer and there response was NO - cannot be used for testing
whole blood, just capillary. I then called Roche/Accu-Chek and they
are okay for whole blood for hemodialysis, but not peritoneal
dialysis. They are sending me a meter. :-)

 Jan / Muskers T-1 11/50 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
 http://tinyurl.com/TSL-CLIP - http://tinyurl.com/evolutionofpumps w/