Re: [IP] Anyone else with a Navigator who has used it on alternate sites?

For those who asked, here are my observations on my Navigator.

1)  It seems quite accurate, most of the time from about 100 up to 300.
It's also accurate below 100 if you are dropping moderately or quickly.
Where it doesn't seem quite as accurate is if you are creeping slowly down
towards a low.  For example, if I just overshoot my lunch bolus a little,
and about 3-4 hrs out begin creeping 120, 110, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60 ..... it
seems like the CGM has a hard time getting down low.  I start to feel low
when the CGM hits 85, and do a fingerstick, and I am at 55.  Next time this
happens I will call to troubleshoot with the tech people; maybe I'm doing
something wrong.

2)  The lack of an approved computer program to downlaod the data is a
minus.  The plus side is that I have heard that the Co-Pilot program in use
for my Deltec Cozmo will soon be released and that one will be able to
download Navigator data in conjunction with the pump data.  This will be
great because the daily combination printout screen from Co-Pilot is great
and it will then show CGM readings, boluses, basal rates, events like food,
insulin AND exercise, etc ....  all at one time.  But until that comes out
its hard to see trends on the little screen on the unit.

3)  A great benefit is seeing now quickly when infusion sets go bad -- and
this happens A LOT.  Much more than I thought.  One set just didn't absorb,
and I picked it up immediately.  Most of my other sets stopped working after
two days, so now I am swapping them out and rotating every other day.  This
is amazing to me, and I wouldn't have been able to see this without the CGM.

4)  I am experimenting with several types of overbandages.  One sensor I
knocked off on a door jam, and one in the gym taking off a sweaty
undershirt.  I don't think this is a real problem because the sensor seems
to stay on pretty well.  I just need to learn to be more careful.

5)  It beeps a lot at night -- high sugar, low sugar, projected high,
projected low, calibration needed, etc .............  I have to turn off the
alarms to get a good night sleep.  But it still serves its purpose; get up
once in the night to do some business and check your sugar with a quick
glance.