Re: [IP] Carelink problems

--- On Sun, 7/6/08, Wyldceltic1 <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I got this in IE 7 and it turned out I had 'Protected
> mode' on. This
> made the page too secure. I couldn't upload or download
> needed software
> with that on.
>
> I had to go into security settings (Tools>Internet
> Options>Security) and
> make the carelink site one of the 'trusted' sites.
> This turns off the
> 'protected mode for that site alone.
>
> Not sure if FF would work the same way, but worth checking
> out.
> Otherwise, You can use IE only for the pump stuff.

 The settings in IE7 are correct. I had just downloaded the USB driver not too
long ago. It just won't get past the page that tells me to connect the Carelink
USB device, which was already connected and working fine not too long ago.

I tried to download in Firefox again and got a new message:

Please check your pump battery status.
Reposition your pump and Carelink USB closer together.
Press Retry to continue.
Press Cancel to quit.

My pump was sitting right next to the USB device.

 I finally dug up my old BD Link meter and cable and tried to download in both
FF & IE using that, and kept getting the same error messages. Now I'm worried
that my pump might be messed up, especially because of that original message
about an incomplete/incorrect reading of the pump data.

Oh, and I'm running Windows XP.
--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987