RE: [IP] Miniature dachshund gnaws off diabetic owner's toe

Wow... I thought I was the only one! I have a cat that does relatively the
same thing (without the tongue in nose and mouth). When I'm asleep and low,
he'll bite my cheeks to wake me up. He's done it about 5 times in the past 8
years. I live alone, and I'm fairly convinced that without him, I might not be
here! The bizarre thing is that it's nothing he's been trained to do, he just
picked it up by being with me. Amazing animals!

I also had a horse when I was growing up that did somewhat of the same thing.
If I was in her stall, she'd become really pushy if I was low. If I was riding
her, she'd basically stop and protect me until I got a juice box from someone
on the rail.

Anne
Animas 2020

> Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:30:55 -0700> From: email @ redacted> To:
email @ redacted> Subject: Re: [IP] Miniature dachshund gnaws off
for getting me up during> a hypo as well.>>> > Sascha, my cat (whom I had to
put to sleep due to her own fight with> cancer, 14, Aug, 07) would wake me in
the night by biting my toes if I> was having a low, and she concidered a low
to be <45. Durring the day> while awake she would howl at fridge, for a high,
she would stick her> sandpaper tongue up my nose and in my mouth, and for a
grand mal> seizure, she would bite my behind and run to bedroom so I could be>
safe as she knew I would be safe.> So not only do dogs sence things that are
going wrong with their> people (ie hypo/hyper glycaemia), but seizures, ect,
but a cat can, if> they are intuned to their people.> .>