Re: [IP] Miniature dachshund gnaws off diabetic owner's toe

<<My Poms are notorious around here for getting me up during
a hypo as well.>>

Sascha, my cat (whom I had to put to sleep due to her own fight with
cancer, 14, Aug, 07) would wake me in the night by biting my toes if I
was having a low, and she concidered a low to be <45. Durring the day
while awake she would howl at fridge, for a high, she would stick her
sandpaper tongue up my nose and in my mouth, and for a grand mal
seizure, she would bite my behind and run to bedroom so I could be
safe as she knew I would be safe.
So not only do dogs sence things that are going wrong with their
people (ie hypo/hyper glycaemia), but seizures, ect, but a cat can, if
they are intuned to their people.