Re: [IP] CGMS Denial Info

 I know that my insurance compay required documentation of atleast 12 time a day
testing

--- On Fri, 7/4/08, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] CGMS Denial Info
To: email @ redacted
Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 4:56 PM

Do you have to have all of the things listed to qualify, or just some?

I have been T1 for more than 50 years. I test 6 to 10 x a day

I don't go down to 50 or below very often.

I do go above 150 more than I'd like to.

I don't know if that means poor control.

I use a pump.

Do you think I would be qualified for a CGMS?

Susan

criteria for "qualifying" for CGMS is

1. Type 1 DM
2. Test BS at least 4 times a day
3. Recurrent "severe" hypoglycemia of less than 50 mg/dl
4. Frequent BS above 150 mg/dl
5."Poor control despite compliance with frequent changes in the
medical regimen."
6. Three or more injections a day or use of an insulin pump.