[IP] CGMS Denial Info

Do you have to have all of the things listed to qualify, or just some?

I have been T1 for more than 50 years. I test 6 to 10 x a day

I don't go down to 50 or below very often.

I do go above 150 more than I'd like to.

I don't know if that means poor control.

I use a pump.

Do you think I would be qualified for a CGMS?

Susan

criteria for "qualifying" for CGMS is

1. Type 1 DM
2. Test BS at least 4 times a day
3. Recurrent "severe" hypoglycemia of less than 50 mg/dl
4. Frequent BS above 150 mg/dl
5."Poor control despite compliance with frequent changes in the
medical regimen."
6. Three or more injections a day or use of an insulin pump.