Re: [IP] mm cgms - and lows

From: CM Ullom <email @ redacted>

> Today I was 99 on sensor and actually 68 - the other day I
> was 98 with an actual 65. Anyone one else have this problem? Really some
 > what pointless to use the sensor if its not going to catch my lows before I'm
> in trouble.

Hello Christene,

 As much as I like the cgms, I do share your frustration. This morning, my SG
(sensor glucose) was 90, while my BG was 68, so I am experiencing the same
trouble as you. I think probably everyone who has used it has had this
experience - it doesn't work well below normal. It also doesn't do a good job
when my BG is way high. When my SG is 180 or so, it's a good bet my BG is at
least 200.

 Having said that, I do not think it is pointless at all. Before I woke, my SG
was falling. If I had seen that, I could have done something about it.

 I've been low all day, so I really do know what you're talking about. I just
have to make a mental adjustment for my SG's, and try to account for that. Right
now, my sensor tells me I'm 64. I just tested with my meter, and my BG is 101.
About 1/2 hour ago, I found a long-lost box of chocolate covered cherries in the
cabinet, and ate one. I know not to worry about the 64, because I already
corrected for it. It's the opposite, I know, but I also know that about an hour
ago my BG was in the low 60's and I did something about it.

 I cannot trust the SG readings is my point, I guess. I just use it to see what
direction (and by how much) my glucose level is going.

Sorry for your frustration.

Tom

--
dx 1985 at age 32