Re: [IP] CGMS and Quality of Diabetes Treatment

From: SteimQuest <email @ redacted>

> My question is how would you rate your experience with this technology?

Hello Timothy,

 I would certainly rate my experience very positively. I have gained better
control, and continue to get closer to the goals I set when I first got it.

 Certainly, the biggest factor is being able to spot trends. I've learned enough
about how it works to where I am comfortable taking a correction bolus without
poking a finger. Similarly, I can go grab a couple of jellybeans if it shows I
am at 80 and trending down. My BGs are continuing to flatten out, and I expect
to see that reflected in my A1c in a couple of months.

 I do not expect it to give me an instant snapshot of what my BG is - it just
won't do it, and I never expected it.

 It also helped me to understand how much my BG rises for each gram of sugar I
eat (thank you Felix for pointing yours out - it motivated me to figure it out
for me!). This has been a tremendous help in keeping from over-correcting a low
- something I ALWAYS did before cgms.

 I actually am poking my fingers less with it - I've gone from 7-10 tests a day
to 4-6 / day.

 I could probably write for another hour or so on how grateful I am for it, but
I'm not gonna. I do want to share the stupidest reason I really like it - the
"coolness" factor. People can have all the Blackberrys and IPods and IPhones and
everything else, but this really is the coolest thing I've ever owned. Being
able to see what my glucose level is doing is, well, priceless.

Tom

OK, I answered your question - I have one for you.  Why do you want to know?

--
dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07