RE: [IP] CGMS and falling BGs

From: "Felix Kasza (lists)" <email @ redacted>

> Hi Cynthia,
>
> > [...] what can be done to increase the
> > value of the isig?
>
> You have already figured out what I am driving at: Beyond making
> sure that your transmitter is in good shape, there is nothing you
> can do to increase the Isig without increasing your blood sugar.
> And like you, I find that with an Isig below 5 (sometimes 6), the
> sensor fails to track -- the sensor BG flatlines and no longer
> goes up and down with the BG level.
>
> Sorry,
> Felix.

Hello Felix,

 My Isig value dropped below 4 after about 3 days on my last sensor. Of course,
that caused my sensor readings to go totally wacky. That hadn't happened in
months, so I disconnected the transmitter, recharged it, plugged it back in and
recalibrated after 2 hours. At that point, the Isig started behaving normally -
I find the readings are best when BG/Isig ~ 10. If the Isig is strictly a
function of current and fluid, I don't understand how this happened.

 I'll take it, though. I got another 4 days out of that sensor - and probably
could have gone another week. I don't go past 7 days, normally. As an
experiment, I left one in for 14 days, and actually had better readings during
the second week. It left a nasty scar, though. It still looks angry, and that
was 3 weeks ago.

Tom

--
dx 1985 at age 32