[IP] CGMS and falling BGs

Last night my CGMS was showing me to be very low and dropping...finally with
the message "BG below 40".  Well, I was actually something like 139.  I
tried to calibrate and it still would keep dropping.  I did notice that my
isig number was very low (about 5-6).  Is this why my CGMS was low and
dropping?  If so, what can be done to increase the value of the isig?  Sorry
if this is a redundant question as I do believe that I have read something
about this before.  I finally just turned my sensor off and restarted it
this morning and seem to be having better luck.  Thanks in advance for the
input!   Cynthia