  From: Laura Quinlivan<mailto:email @ redacted>
  To: email @ redacted<mailto:email @ redacted>
  Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 7:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [IP] Tattoos/Piercings Problems or Not?

  Well, assuming that one who has tattoos has a higher incidence of
  transmitting AIDS than someone who does not have tattoos, just shows how
  ill-informed some people are.

  Stormy, if you are in good health, go to a liscensed, reputable artist (that
  means doing research and asking people who you know that have tattoos), talk
  about what to do to take care of your tattoo, and make sure you do
  everything your supposed to (including checking you BG often and monitoring
  the site for signs of infection), there's no reason to hesitate. But make
  sure (as you would for any kind of procedure) that you are in good health
  first, research your artist (including asking them about sterilization
  procedures, if that will aleviate some of your fears), talk to them about
  how to take care of your tattoo, and do everything else you need to do to
  take care of yourself.

  I have a fairly large tiger on my shoulder (watching my back...). My
  goodness, I think it was the best thing I could have done for myself at the
  time. It was a symbol that I was ready to start taking responsibility for
  myself and I have never regretted it.

  Laura & Lil Bit