Re: [IP] HYPOGLYCEMIC EMERGENCT ???

Years ago, I was involved in a minor traffic accident and was at the local
emergency room being checked out.  A police officer who I guess was trying
to be quick picked up my medical report (yes I know he shouldn't have) and
noted on the accident report that I was diabetic.  As he walked out he told
me that I would be loosing my license. I didn't know what he meant..  Months
went by and nothing happened.  About 5 months later, I received a letter
from the Mass Registry of Motor Vehicles stating that my "Right to Operate"
had been REVOKED.  A "Right to Operate" in a state is more fundamental than
a drivers license.  Loosing my right to operate meant that I couldn't
operate in Mass even if I had a different states drivers license (which I
did since I was in school in Mass at the time).  I found how just how
difficult the Mass Registry Medical Affairs Bureau was to deal with.
Finally after a hearing which took a long time to arrange, I had my
Permanent Revocation turned into a Timed Suspension with conditions.  The
conditions were a letter from my doctor every 3 months showing that I was
capable of driving and had had no problems.  The Mass Registry computer
(once ranked the world's worst large scale computer installation) then
proceeded to yank my license about once a year for the next several years.
I received no sympathy from anybody working for the Mass Registry.  Finally
the nightmare was over.

Andy