Re: [IP] humalog and heat

I live in Minneapolis.  This summer has been hot, hot, hot.  Today we're
headed toward a high of 100.  The first really super warm weekend of
this year was Memorial Day weekend (95 and sunny).  I changed my
cartridge on Saturday and by Monday at noon I had glucoses of 425 or so
without doing a thing to get there.  No infection, no fudge, no
forgotten boluses.  Above all, no leak in my delivery system.  I
disconnected and ran a unit - clear insulin in the bead.  But still,
when the BG goes high for no reason...After tossing out roughly 200
units of insulin (I'm cheap, too) and filling a new cartridge, my
glucose went back to normal.  I have an air-conditioned car, but no AC
in my house.  Right now, I am going to go read in the bathtub for awhile
and cool off. Forever Frio!

Denise May