Re: [IP] What in the world is going on?

Tracy, those lows in the day or so after unusual amounts of exercise
can come on pretty oddly with me, too -- I was having the problem early
Sunday morning, myself, after a Saturday morning longer-than-usual
hike.  It does sound like a rebound occurred, and maybe her rebound
mechanism just isn't as efficient as one could want <gr.>, and did
resume releasing glycogen.  What has happened since?  --I wondered,
from the post below, if the 465 could have possibly been one of those
fluke, glucose-crumbs-on-the-fingers, readings.  Or, if the cannula was
slowly working its way out of the site, during the night, because of
the swimming and humidity having compromised the tightness of the
adhesion of the infusion set -- I imagine you have gone ahead and
changed it?  Straight-in sets do that, sometimes.  There could even be
something totally unrelated just by chance happening at the same time
as the exercise effect and rebound, like a bubble in the tubing, even.

Sorry you're having to go through all this.  Education and practice can
really help reduce these incidences, but ...   not going to eliminate
them, I'm afraid.  Your responses sound quite appropriate.  As to the
idea of reducing the rebound effect -- back when I still had that
effect, the only way I knew to affect it was by taking insulin (and
eating to match the insulin).  Anyone know other ways, these days?  It
would certainly be great to be able to reduce that variable.  Giving
her insulin and feeding her might not have been the thing you wanted
most to be doing in the middle of the night!

Really hope tonight is better!

Linda Z
dx1955age8pumping1998

Gabrielle (5 and pumping for 2 months on CoZmo) was 180 at midnight
then 52