From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of bob weitzman
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:13 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Paradigm battery: Energizer or what?

I've read a few recent posts which have said that you  must use the
Energizer battery in the Paradigm family of pumps.

Well, that's just not my experience, as I now have a Radio Shack Enercell
alkaline battery in my 722, and it is working just fine.
The battery has been in for over two weeks, and the battery life indicator
shows that I have about 50% battery life to go, which makes sense.  I expect
to get about another 10 days to 2 weeks from it.

 My rep seemed to say, this was a few months ago, that Minimed found that
the Energizer lasted longer, but he did not say how much longer, than other
batteries.

So while Minimed may recommend, even strongly, that you use the
Energizer(the pink bunny is really cute, you have to admit!), I say that any
good quality AAA alkaline battery will also work.

As always, YMMV.

Bob