[IP] Traveling to and in Malaysia, Thailand, or Vietnam?

Has anyone had experience with traveling to and in South East Asia?
This winter; main stops will be Kuala Lumpur, where I have housing, and
Ho Chi Minh City, where I may or may not <gr.>, but hope to get to see
a bit more, maybe rent a place on a beach with others.  One way of
trip, if not both, will be solo.  Any hints or experiences welcome; I
will get any direct responses if IP is in the subject.

Linda Z
dx1955age8pumping1998