[IP] Too good hbA1C?

I joined this list a few months ago to learn about insulin pumping since I am
hoping to get an insulin pump to use since I am tired of being a pin cushion.
 My Endo has submitted my paper work , and I was denied based on my last
hbA1C of 6.4, my last before that was 8.2 in November of 2005, but I have been
working hard to get it under control with MDI.  I like feeling much better,but
 between the symlin and the insulin I am taking I am taking 8+ injections daily.
Does any one have any suggestions on how to deal with insurance without
backsliding in my control?
Thanks
Joyce