Re: [IP] Tattoos/Piercings Problems or Not?

At 02:25 PM 7/30/2006, you wrote:
>Lately, I have had the greatest desire to get a tattoo, just a  little tiny
>  red rose, on my calf. Does anyone here have a tattoo &/or any advice for me?

I have a gecko on my calf.  I got it 10-11 years ago when I was not
in good control, was on two shots of NPH/R a day and was not checking
my BG.  My tattoo is a good size and I had no problems healing.  At
one point each ear was pierced five times.  The last hole, pretty far
up the lobe, hurt like crazy and ended up getting infected so I took
those out.  Eventually I kept losing all of my earrings and took the
last of them out for good over a year ago.  I have a feeling all 4
holes in each ear are closed up now, because I haven't worn anything
for awhile.  Only the 4th & 5th holes in each ear were done after my diagnosis.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987