[IP] Tattoos/Piercings Problems or Not?

Lately, I have had the greatest desire to get a tattoo, just a  little tiny
 red rose, on my calf. Does anyone here have a tattoo &/or any advice for me? I
would appreciate  it very much. I ran it by my endo &  he looked horrified &
he said he thought I could do w/o it. I ran it by my  CDE who said my request
for this type of info was a first for her & she  would get back to me. This
 was months ago. I admit, I did forget about & I think she wasn't going to bring
it up w/o me asking. LOL!! I have had pierced  ears since I was 16 yo. I
unhappily had to remove all  6 when I was in  the hospital for heart surgery 2
 years ago. Finally going to get them re-pierced in the next couple of weeks. I
never had any  problems.