Re: [IP] Basal tune up

My basals are ridiculous.  I did them in 2002 as instructed in Pumping
Insulin and had them where I liked them and then my doctor started
increasing them every time I encountered a little problem.  And whenever
an insulin reaction happened, and I ate a ton of food then he increases
them.  But I hate writing anything down.  Shades of the '50s and '60s
when we had to do everything the doctors said, even when they went
berserk.  I wrote a letter to him last night about IP and so expect him
to be out here shortly reading everything all of us wrote!  He is very
cool that way.  So naturally, after all of this extra food and insulin,
I am 30 lbs overweight.  So I will try to get a normal BG when I get up
in the morning - I think my overnight rates are OK.  So if we don't
synchronize, I want to try testing the morning basal first. Naturally,
no taking Symlin in a basal rate test phase.

Denise On pump #5 - Deltec Cozmo and Symlin 40 years of diabetes