Re: [IP] Humalog and Heat

At 09:26 PM 7/29/2006, you wrote:
>I live in Minneapolis and the highs this week have been mostly in
>the 90s.  It hit 100 yesterday afternoon.  We don't have AC.  The
>pump is next to my body 23.5 hours per day.  We're planning on doing
>our weekly grocery shopping in a very leisurely fashion tomorrow
>afternoon so we take advantage of the AC in the store.
>Denise

We've had some hot days here in NYC as well.  I go for a walk every
day after lunch, even when it's 95 degrees, and have the pump in my
pocket.  I have air conditioning at work and in my bedroom at home,
but nowhere else in my apartment.  I keep the pump in my pocket
almost all the time.  I used to clip it to my bra but since I lost
weight, I don't have anything to hide it between and can't put it
there anymore.

Last summer I kept my open vial of Humalog in a Frio pouch but I
can't find it, and my insulin has been fine.  It takes me a month to
use one vial, so it's sitting in a plastic container in my backpack
for 30 days.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987