Re: [IP] insulin bottle almost empty, what to do?

Hi Tom

I pull as much as I can from the first bottle (and inject air into it). When
there is no more, I make sure that most of the bubbles from the syringe are
gone.  I then continue to fill the syringe (without prefilling with air,
thus creating a vacuum) from the second bottle. Since there is no air in the
syringe after the first draw, and if I'm careful, I can continue to fill
from the second bottle with out introducing a bubble.  If I do get a bubble
I am not all that concerned about mixing a little insulin in the  second
bottle to get rid of the bubble.  If you're paranoid about mixing, you could
get rid of the bubble after you pull the needle from the second bottle.  I
don't know how long you've been filling syringes, but those of us old timers
for years, mixed NPH and Regular in the same syringe without problems.

Andy