[IP] insulin bottle almost empty, what to do?

Hi all, I was just changing my reservoir, and had to 'fish' through a
bunch of older bottles to find the one that had the most insulin.
You see, when my insulin gets almost empty in the vial, I open a new
one, and save the little bit left in the vial for shots, 'just in
case shots', which I don't do very often, like once or twice every 6
months, so I was curious what others do. I use to use the last drop
then pull air back into the reservoir, and push all the air and
insulin from the other bottle into a new one, then redraw up the
insulin. So I'm mixing 2 different vials, I never liked doing that so
I stopped. I have 12 almost empty bottles, what do you all suggest?
throw them out? mi them all up? my butter compartment needs some space.
So I look forward to some advice from this wonderful group.
Thanks in advance.

Tom dx'd '98
pumping with the 508 since 01/05, 715 since 02/06
33 yo
I live in Novi MI