Re: [IP] Speaking of infection

 No infections from either finger sticks or infusion sights, but tonight I found
that the new sight I had started yesterday with comforts had a raspberry colored
bruise the size of a ostrich egg on my abdomen.
  Nan

email @ redacted wrote:

Since the discussion of possible infection has been brought up in regards to
finger sticks, I have a question about possible infection at the site of the
infusion. I am immunosuppressed due to medication I have to take for other
autoimmune illnesses...and I have to be especially careful about exposure to
potential infection. One thing that has been holding me back about getting a
pump is the concern about this...on my part and that of my physicians.

Question: Has anyone ever ended up with an infection from their pump? Do you
have any sense of why you got the infection? Was it superficial skin or did it
become systemic?

Again, any thoughts or insights into this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Sally