Re: [IP] Humalog and Heat

At 01:48 PM 7/29/2006, you wrote:
>I recall that it has been claimed that Humalog doesn't stand up to
>heat as well as Novolog. Although this may be true, I have a recent
>experience with Humalog and heat that tells me Humalog does pretty
>well with the heat. I live in Phoenix, Arizona, which is one of the
>hottest summertime cities in the USA. I am 73 years old, and I use a
>Deltec Cozmo pump with Humalog. And I do a lot of bicycle riding.

Tom,

I'm not anywhere neat Phoenix but I've never had any problems with
Humalog and heat.  Even when I was using a pen, I'd carry it around
in my bag all day without anything happening.  I fill my 300 unit
reservoir now and it lasts me about 12 days.  So far I've had no
problems with the Humalog staying in the reservoir in the pump in my
pocket in the heat!

Still, if I lived where you do I might rethink leaving the reservoir
in for 4 set changes and drop it down to 2 or 3.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987