Re: [IP] Speaking of infection

email @ redacted wrote:

>  Question: Has anyone ever ended up with an infection from their pump? Do you
 > have any sense of why you got the infection? Was it superficial skin or did
it
> become systemic?

I have never gotten an infection at my infusion site in 8 years (almost)
of pumping. I do apply Bactroban topical antibiotic at the site after
removal of the set. This is an Rx antibiotic but probably Neosporan
(OTC) would work as well.

I also do NOT use alcohol or IV prep or any other substance before
inserting the set. I figure my body did not read the book so it doesn't
know how the MDs think it should respond. It just does its thing.

Siles