: Re: [IP] changing lancets! Anyone ever get an infection?????? Please let me kno

I've NEVER had  ANY infections ANYWHERE.... I RARELY change lancets (I think
last I changed mine was some time in 2005 when I started using the Accu-Chek
MultiClix autolance... Wait a minute.. That autolance uses the 5 (or is it
six) lancet cartridge... I DID change it ONCE when it started sticking in
the 1/2 cocked position when I'd try to cock the autolance.

But regardless of which autolance I've used, I've NEVER had ANY infections
as a result of checking my blood.  And I work with poultry, binding &
unbinding cages, etc.  So about the ONLY thing my hands are exposed to while
working is whatever bacteria would be contained in the CHICKEN SHIT and
other dirt coating the trailers by the time they get from the farm to my
work location.

SANITARY work location???  BET NOT!!!  Plenty of potentially disease causing
bacteria?  PROBABLY...  However, when I'm checking my BG, as soon as the
hole in the finger is made, I'm squeezing BLOOD OUT of my body, which in
MOST cases, would most likely also flush out most harmful bacteria that may
have entered the hole initially.

The ONLY infection of AN type I've EVER had was one that my doctor and the
lab had traced to something I had INHALED, and had NOTHING to do with my
checking my blood without either changing lancets OR washing my hands before
checking my BG.

Mark

Since you asked... My last Tetanus vaccine was taken, if I remember right,
in 2006 (the first year I lived in Alabama)... But I may be wrong... In
which case, my most recent Tetanus vaccine would have been when I was
diagnosed as Type 1 Diabetic on about September 9, 1991.