Re: [IP] changing lancets! Anyone ever get an infection?????? Please let me kno

Oh, well, I had one of those primitive early glucose meters and the
instructions were to swab your finger with alcohol before testing and
let it dry. You're not lazy... Perhaps the educators have relaxed their
standards over the past few years.  I am very relieved not to have to
carry tons of diabetic paraphanalia around with me.  It's funny, but the
thing that I most often forget to pack for camping are lancets...and
then I use the same one for 3 days in a row.  I've never had an infected
finger, either. I've had 3 site infections, though, and one of them put
me in the hospital for 4 days.  The importance of skin cannot be
underrated.  I have had a college-level course in microbiology and there
are all kinds of little critters out there who want into a nice warm
nuturing environment like our bodies.

Denise