RE: [IP] Trader Joes?

You "know how the organic thing works with chickens/eggs?"

Can you tell me, then... How can a company like Pilgrim's Pride, Perdue,
Wayne Farms, or any of the other chicken processors can get away with, on
their package labeling, state "NO artificial hormones/stimulants used."
While, at the SAME TIME, the people working at THAT COMPANIES FEEDMILL state
"We UNLOAD THAT STUFF AND ADD IT TO THE FEED DAILY!!!"

I work at one of those companies, and our company advertises that they use
NO artificial hormones/stimulants in the product production despite the feed
mill employees stating they DAILY unload and add hormones AND stimulants to
the feed that gets fed to the chickens getting run through the plant.

Only thing I can figure that MIGHT let them get away with such advertising
is that it IS POSSIBLE that the growth hormones/stimulants being fed to the
chickens MIGHT BE NATURALLY OCCURRING instead of artificial, and therefore,
since they state "NO ARTIFICIAL..." they MIGHT still be correct ENOUGH to
get away with claiming "no hormones/stimulants."

I grew up on a FARM where we raised chickens for our own use fed 100%
NATURAL DIET... Feed the chickens 100% NATURAL with ABSOLUTELY NO hormones
OR stimulants, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you will EVER get the chickens
to gain 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 POUNDS in LESS THAN SIX MONTHS... But the plant I
work at raises the birds so they spend ONLY between 35 and 40 DAYS (ONE
month and a few days), and still, by the time the chickens get caught and
run through the plant, they are ALREADY IN EXCESS OF 3 1/2 pounds PER
BIRD!!!  Raised TRULY NATURALLY, those same birds would be doing good to
weigh 2 pounds by THREE MONTHS after placement in the house.  On the farm I
grew up on, with our birds fed 100% NATURAL diet, they would be purchased in
March or April, and we'd butcher them sometime between September and
November of the same year, by which time, our chickens TASTED MUCH BETTER
than ANY chicken available commercially, and our average bird weight when
butchered was usually around 5 - 7 pounds after having been allowed to grow
AS NATURE INTENDED for between 1/2 to 1 FULL YEAR.

Commercial growers get birds that heavy in FEWER THAN TWO MONTHS!!!  There's
NO WAY ANY OF THEM could do THAT if they actually did NOT USE ANY growth
hormones or stimulants.

Since working at the processing plant, I KNOW FOR A FACT that the company
DOES USE growth hormones AND stimulants in the feed AND they ALSO inject
growth hormones into the eggs the chickens hatch from...  What would be the
difference in action on HUMAN systems of eating meat caused to grow
abnormally fast with "naturally occurring hormones and stimulants" compared
to the effect of a human eating some meat produced by feeding the same
animal some artificially created growth hormones/stimulants???  Logic would
say "Hormones ARE hormones... Stimulants ARE stimulants... whether natural
or artificially manufactured... So what's the difference???"

Keeping on "diabetes" topic...  I noticed tonight a nice change from
injections to pumping... Last wedding I went to, I was on injections, and
had supposed "nutrition info" to figure how much additional Novolog I needed
for the wedding meal...  By 2 hours after meal, I was up near 500.

Tonight, I went to a wedding (first since starting on the pump)... I had NO
nutrition info for the food served, so just "guestimated" the carb content
of the food.  Got home about 3 hours later, checked my BG, and I was STILL
only up to 158... And before the meal, I had gone nearly 24 hours with NO
food, and was still at 140.  This means that the wedding meal, after about 2
1/2 - 3 hours only ended up causing my BG to raise about 17 mg/dl over what
it was immediately before the meal... And the pump said that at that point,
I still had 1.58 units IOB.  So with an ISF of 64, looks like I might have
to eat a little additional sometime tonight.  But never know... there was
quit a bit of meat... maybe the fat content was high enough to delay the
carb action enough that I won't need to eat any more tonight.

Mark