[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V9 #962

I use 1% milk and it works extremely quickly to correct a low.  In fact, it
works as fast - if not faster - than raisins.  An endocrinologist friend of
mine told me he thought it was the best way to treat lows.

I do know that milk raises my blood sugar extremely quickly when I have it in
my morning coffee.  I read an article which said that its fast action is
 recognized, but why or how it does it is unknown. It seems that a carb of milk
raises blood sugar faster than a carb of most other foods.  It apparently has
 something to do with the other contents of the milk. I'm just repeating what I
was told and what I read in a diabetes magazine.  Maxine