From: maverickmom (Kerri) <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:13:47 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] Trader Joes?

 The reason Trader Joe's sells farm-raised fish is probably because, for a
product to be certified "organic", you have to know the history of and control
what goes into the animal (or in this case, fish). The contents of their diet
can be controlled in a farm-raised environment...they are probably fed organic
fish food. This is how it works with chickens and selling their eggs (you have
to feed them certified organic chicken feed. You wouldn't be able to call a free
range egg "organic" because you can't control what the chicken eats when free
ranging. They aren't the same thing even though they are both healthier for you
than one from a an overcrowded chicken factory of unknown practices.) I'm sure
the organic stuff works the same way with fish as well.

 Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
 "Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living