Re: [IP] insulin resistance and pumps

I'm a type 2 with lots of insulin resistance using a pump.  With  injections,
my dawn phenomenon was unbeatable - I'd routinely wake up with BG  over 200.
With the pump, I've been able to tame that down to a reasonable  around 100
almost every day.

The pump helps a lot, I think, with insulin resistance because one of the
things it does is give you the insulin slowly so it's better absorbed.

pre-pump I was using about 200 units a day, now, with the pump and byetta,  I
usually use around 95-110 units a day, most of that for basal since the
byetta  takes care of most of my meals.

Pumps are great for anyone - better control - easier to tailor insulin to
real needs - all that applies to an insulin resistant diabetic too.

Stacey