[IP] Re: Symlin

I've been on Symlin for 3 months.  It's great. The dual wave is 1/2 now and
 1/2 over the next hour. I've lost 8 pounds. I was 138 and am now 130. I have
a scale which reads out fat percentage.  I dropped from 30% to 27.5%.

My doctor told me to cut my boluses as much as I thought I needed.  I've
 found I need to cut them about 25%. I don't have sudden drops -- probably
because
by using the dual wave, I can catch a downward trend more easily.  There is
less insulin working than if I had taken it all at once.

I do have lows.  Funny, I see a white patch, not black.  It disappears very
quickly, however, with a few raisins or a slurp of milk.  Milk works extremely
quickly and was recommended to me by an endocrinologist.

I have gotten those raspberry colored bruises occasionally at the injection
site, but they go away in a few days.   By the way, why 12 glucose tablets?
Five would have provided 20 carbs which is usually plenty to treat a low.  I
know that awful shaky feeling when you feel like you need to eat everything in
 sight. What I do is eat about 12-15 carbs and then chew gum. The gum satisfies
the need to chew while the carbs eaten bring my blood sugar up.

Maxine