From: email @ redacted
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:53 AM
Subject: [IP] carb count

 <<<I have been trying to find carb counts for Cracker Barrel. Not in Calorie
King Book and they don't have a listing apparently--or don't want us to
know!!>>>

 Extremely high, is my guess. I checked the Cracker Barrel website and to quote
them "Cracker Barrel certainly understands the health-conscious concerns that
some of our guests have. While we are unable to give you any exact calorie or
fat content information, the following choices may help you in your selection:"
and follow with a list of obvious things to do, such as order diet coke instead
of regular coke, substitute promise spread for butter, order a salad,
etc--precisely the stuff that you don't go to Cracker Barrel to eat!

 When I eat at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, I just guestimate and then double
my bolus and follow my BG closely for the next 8 hours. I don't eat there often,
but when I do, I consider a Cracker Barrel day a one meal day because I'm sure
the calorie count in that one meal is way higher than I normally eat in a day.
At least I'm full when I'm done and often don't want to eat again until the next
day. :)

Sarah, dx'92, pumping'00