Re: [IP] insulin resistance and pumps

I'm a Type 2 diabetic that pumps and does have quite a bit of insulin
resistance.  When I first started pumping I was pumping 150-200 units a day,
and right now, am at about 50 unit, with Symlin.

I didn't go on the Symlin until last year, but pumping has certainly
helped.  Also exercise, which both has resulted in weight loss.  When I was
on injections, I was constantly having to eat around the insulin, and
gaining weight, thus increasing the insulin resistance.

I lost about 15 pounds pre Symlin.  Lost another 20 on Symlin, but have
gained 5 back due to stress at work.

So yes, I recommend pumping for Type 2s.

You do have to change the cartridges more often.

--
Kathleen Weaver

Diabetes blog http://www.kweaver.org
Teaching CS blog http://www.kweaver.org/CS