[IP] got my first supply order from caremark

I pocted last week about problems I've been having getting my insulin
& strips from my usual pharmacy, and decided to try Caremark.  I can
get 3 months at a time for 2 months co-pay.  Last Monday my CDE wrote
new prescriptions for me.  I had asked her to write the insulin
script so I could get 2 vials a month, and I asked her to write for
400 strips a month instead of 300.  I mailed them to Caremark and
last week when I checked my account online I saw they received the
scripts and my order was in progress.  They shipped yesterday via
FedEx overnight, and I received it around 2:30 this afernoon at
work.  The vials were in a plastic envelope, which was on top of a
big gel pack (still about 85% frozen solid) and those were wrapped in
bubble wrap and then put inside a very thich insulated
envelope.  That was put on top of the test strips.  I had a small
cooler bag at work so I put the thick envelope/gel pack in that
rather than our tiny fridge.  I got home around 8:30pm and the gel
pack was still more than 50% solid.

I'm very pleased with my the way it worked out.  I was a little
worried about the later after noon delivery and was amazed at how
solid the gel was.  I think it was in the mid/upper 80's in NYC
today.  Best of all, I don't have to deal with the pharmacists at the
local chain anymore, telling me I couldn't get the amount written for.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987