RE: [IP] Re: Almost a week with this pump

 I don't at all think you're over-reacting to the blood sugar readings. I just
don't think you have
 the RIGHT reaction. I consider anything over 200 mg/dl to be an emergency,
myself. The question is,
what is the cause of the problem and what do you do about it.

 Suggestion: Next time you eat a Southwestern Chicken Salad -- inject your bolus
instead of taking it
by pump, and see what happens.

 You shouldn't see any difference. Repeat that a couple times. If you
consistently get different
 results, then that tells you that you're not getting the insulin you're
programming. That's one kind
 of problem. If you get the SAME results, it tells you that there's something
wrong with the amounts
 of insulin you're getting, either as basal or as mealtime. That's a different
kind of problem.

 Either way -- you've divided the problem in half. If it's on the delivery side,
then you need to
 look at things like air bubbles, improperly inserted cannulas, or even a
defective pump.

You can sort this out! And it will be worth it, when you do.