[IP] Re: pride/acceptance

Dear Everyone:
As the spouse of a law enforcement agency, I was horrified to read of R.
Leppanen's situation.  While I completely understand that this person was
legitimately using insulin, I have to say that if a law enforcement official
tells you to drop something, do it.

As a citizen you are obligated to obey the order of law enforcement
personnel.  Once you've dropped the insulin/syringe, then you can explain
you are not using an illegal drug, etc.  I say this only because disobeying
an officer often leads to escalation, use of force, and (in my personal
opinion) beligerant (sp) behavior on one part often results in similar
behavior on the officer's part, right or wrong.

This police department obviously was negligent in not having a
diabetes/insulin policy, but for your own personal safety, you should always
obey the command of an officer.  When you listen to them, they're more
likely to listen to you.

There are stupid people everywhere, and you don't want to become a victim of
the system because you are dealing with an uninformed law enforcement
person.

I am in no way, shape or form condoning anything that happened.  That is
terrible and in my honest opinion, I think that police department owes you a
lot more than a policy change.

I am just passing along a bit of advice because I care about you all.

Flame away.

Stacy