From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Probent
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:15 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Re: Almost a week with this pump

Mike,
    There is no reason for you to fight these kinds of problems on your own.
Just going on what you wrote I have to say that somebody dropped the pump
into your hands too soon. My suggestion is to make some phone calls to MM
right now to get help from a trainer or maybe ask for another trainer. You
are the customer. You are in control.
                            Peter 1

> Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:49:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Levisay <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Almost a week with this pump.
>
>  I am 20 years old, and just started using a Medtronic Minimed
> Paradigm last Monday. I got the pump because I was having many lows. I
> have had an avg. of 7.0 a1c's since I was diagnosed at 11, I was
> hoping to get a 6.0 avg during my 20's
> in the hopes of avoiding complications. So far this P.O.S. has not proven
> worthy
 > to me and right now wish I could send it back and get a refund. I know
this is  > not possible, but I ate a meal for dinner today and my eveing
time insulin was  > 321. Using 14 units of humalog, my blood sugar would
have most likely ended up