Re: [IP] Re: Almost a week with this pump

 I have a trainer and I realize that this thing takes time. I even had a better
experience tonight by eating a Southwestern Chicken Salad at Jack In the Box and
programming 45 units in my thing(that salad could not have been worth more than
30!) I got a 275 reading, then I corrected it, went over to my friends house for
two hours, came back and got a 310 reading...something has to be wrong with this
piece of crap. $6,000 should provide for a quality product that adds some form
of satisfaction to one's life. I hate minimed, I'd rather risk going low, then
not being able to eat a salad with this horrific high.
  Honestly, I don't want to go low, in fact, the ultimate decision maker for me
was having the paramedics called on me by my father, two months ago...that had
never happened in the 9 years of having this. I don't want to go low, but my
diabetes is so messed up now, I guess some person was saying that I shouldn't
blame the pump, but this thing is mine, and I have a right to express my
dissatisfaction with this thing. My trainer keeps saying this will correct
itself within time of writing down stuff and calculating. If you were in my
position, I think you would feel the same, I don't think I'm overreacting
here...I mean, I don't want renal failure, limb amputations, loss of erectile
function when I'm 40, or any of that stuff.
  Thank You for your thoughts though.
  -Michael

Loree Bailey <email @ redacted> wrote:

Mike,
I agree, get in touch with MM immediately and tell them you need a trainer.
My first weeks were very hard-kind of like being diagnosed all over again,
but it was absolutely worth it!
For me, after much struggling, I thought the pump was going to be an instant
fix, and it wasn't..however, I had a great trainer and persevered.
Be honest with MM about your level of frustration and I'm quite sure they
will see that you get the support you need.
Hang in there!
Loree