Re: [IP] pride (or at least acceptance)

> It makes me wonder, why are people so secretive?

I never used to be secretive until I ran into a few incidents.

 In college I was in Boston with a group of friends and we were walking between
some parties. I slipped into a phone booth to take a shot and the next think I
know I was dragged out by a Boston cop and Billy Clubbed when I tried to tell
him what I was doing the clubbing got worse. I di dnot resist He just kept
referring to me as a druggie. It finally ended when another officer showed up,
but I was told to keep my mouth shut if I wanted to live in Mass.

 Coming out of college, I was unable to get any job in my engineering field
because of my diabetes (it did not matter that it was well controlled).

Of course I cannot also buy life, disability, or long term care insurance.

 Once you unleash the "B" schools types and let them know you are diabetic, your
rights just disappear. It's not quite as bad as it was in some ways, in other
ways they are just better are covering it up.

 Just a very few of the experiences I've had in 51 years of insulin.

Andy