Re: [IP] 508 meltdown

Phyllis Wrote:
I would think no rights were violated since MM offered use of a pump
until a new one was ordered and arrived. Peg chose not to take the
loaner as I
understood it. Is this not the case?

Ricardo Responds:
Phyllis - Since I am not a MiniMed user I did not follow the thread
from the beginning. I didn't know that MM had offered an out of
warranty remedy which may absolve them of any further obligation.

Peg - I see that you are located in Kentucky. You may want to verify
whether this is true or not by contacting your state government
offices (possibly Health and Human Services). I am not sure if
Kentucky law would apply or the law where MM has its corporate
offices. Since MM has offered a remedy, no law may apply. I remember
that Animas documentation included a Patient's Bill of Rights. Your
MM documentation may contain something similar.