Re: [IP] Almost a week with this pump.

Michael,
  Perhaps when your endo calculated your basel rate, it wasn't calculated
correctly, I've taken control of my pump and my diabetes. On my last visit to
the cde my blood sugars were higher than either of us liked and the cde didn't
make any changes in either basel or boluses. You may wish to discuss with the
cde those changes and how to make them. I personally made changes where my highs
were by half a unit at a time on the basel and then changed my bolus again
another half unit at a time, until they started coming down. I've notified the
cde of those changes so they stay on my records at the endo office. Like others
if you wish to communicate with me directly you may e-mail me at
email @ redacted I've been a diabetic since I was 24, over 36 years.
  Nancy

Michael Levisay <email @ redacted> wrote:

I am 20 years old, and just started using a Medtronic Minimed Paradigm last
 Monday. I got the pump because I was having many lows. I have had an avg. of
7.0
a1c's since I was diagnosed at 11, I was hoping to get a 6.0 avg during my 20's
 in the hopes of avoiding complications. So far this P.O.S. has not proven
worthy
to me and right now wish I could send it back and get a refund. I know this is
not possible, but I ate a meal for dinner today and my eveing time insulin was
321. Using 14 units of humalog, my blood sugar would have most likely ended up
in the 80-120 range. I know that this meal could not have been more 90 grams
worth of carbs. It was a gyro sandwhich, side of homous and a piece of pita
bread. This pump sucks, I am horrified that this thing cost $6,000 ($950 out of
pocket). My blood sugar has been hell since I started using it.
If anyone has any thoughts, or can help, I would like to hear it.