[IP] Type 1.5 or LADA

 I'm also a diabetic of 36 years. I don't remember much of those first few years
except being on just a daily injection of NPH. That was before daily glucose
readings and when you tested urine. How archaic that was, and how different
technology has made our affliction. Pumping has made all the difference in my
life. From one injection daily to multiples, then to an insulin pump. When I was
first diagnosed, I don't even remember the doctor telling me just what my glood
glucose level was, just that it was high and we started the injections. I didn't
even have an endocrinologist for approx 20 years of those 36 years. I have had a
general practitioner also for most of those years and didn't even know that
pumps existed until the past 5 or 6 years and then had to find an endo that
believed in them. Like others, I actually had two or three that told me I wasn't
a candidate for one. I'm now pumping for almost 3 months!

--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, AK
Dx 1969 at age 28, insulin from start, C-peptide undetectable (Probably type 1)

  Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly.
  Nancy

  http://friendsarequietangels.blogspot.com/