From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jen Ward
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 2:32 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] pride (or at least acceptance)

I wear mine "out" most of the time. If you can't see the pump, you can
usually see the tubing. I have always been very open with my diabetes, and I

love the occasional opportunity to talk with someone who may have been
thinking about the pump, but doesn't know there are resources out here like
this list to talk to real live pumpers about their experiences. I know of at

least two people who started pumps after we talked about mine when I was
working retail and wore it out at work. Last week, I had a great
conversation with a type 2, who is afraid to go on insulin as her dr
recommended. I doubt she will be signing up for a pump tomorrow, but I do
think I convinced her that shots are not nearly as scary as she
envisioned.And then there was the day when I went into the bagel store, and
another pumper was getting a demo from a pump rep...there are other pumpers
out there :)

So, that was a really long winded answer to say every day is "wear your pump

on the outside day" in my world. I figure if one person sees it, asks
questions, and ends up making a choice to improve their life by getting a
pump, then I'm glad I wore it out.

Jen