Re: [IP] pride (or at least acceptance)

The ADA loves to tell us that there is no longer any discrimination
against diabetics in hiring.  Hah!  That's why.  We still can't get
certain jobs and certain employers won't hire anyone with any chronic
illness.  But having a pump and using it correctly reduces the number of
high/low incidents that we have.  It reduces the number of ER visits and
hospitalizations that we have.  We no longer automatically suffer
blindness and kidney failure.  Imagine life without insulin...which was
the way the world was before 1922.  So people think that the little box
on my belt is a pager...well let them think that.  I act as non-diabetic
as possible (well, except that I won't eat anything fudge-like)!

Denise May