Re: [IP] Almost a week with this pump.

You should be able to send it back to MiniMed, as long as you haven't
had the pump for more than 30 days.  However... there are many reasons
why you might not have received the insulin that you thought you dialed
- you don't say what your bolus was, nor what the basal rate was
preprandially.  Check your history screen to make sure that a bolus was
delivered.  Check for air in the cartridge/infusion set.  Check for
leaks in the infusion set.  You shouldn't be able to smell insulin.  Put
a small piece of TP near every joint or connection that the tubing has.
My horror story is the time that my significant other and I went to New
Orleans and my infusion set was not firmly attached to the end of the
cartridge!  Ruined vacation!  Also, I happily stopped using a certain
brand of infusion sets that leaked - the company had changed the
material that they were made of.  This was back in the '90s... so this
isn't too likely to happen again.  And I have tons of insulin resistance
that decides to make itself known or vanish when I least expect it...all
of a sudden I will have highs and lows.  There's no point in blaming a
pump for that kind of thing.

Sincerely,
Denise May