[IP] Almost a week with this pump.

 I am 20 years old, and just started using a Medtronic Minimed Paradigm last
Monday. I got the pump because I was having many lows. I have had an avg. of 7.0
a1c's since I was diagnosed at 11, I was hoping to get a 6.0 avg during my 20's
in the hopes of avoiding complications. So far this P.O.S. has not proven worthy
to me and right now wish I could send it back and get a refund. I know this is
not possible, but I ate a meal for dinner today and my eveing time insulin was
321. Using 14 units of humalog, my blood sugar would have most likely ended up
in the 80-120 range. I know that this meal could not have been more 90 grams
worth of carbs. It was a gyro sandwhich, side of homous and a piece of pita
bread. This pump sucks, I am horrified that this thing cost $6,000 ($950 out of
pocket). My blood sugar has been hell since I started using it.
  If anyone has any thoughts, or can help, I would like to hear it.